Monday, April 15, 2013

New projects

When I started GuildWars2 I was really excited about drawing new characters, but I've actually shelved game commissions for what I think will be a long time.  I'm really starting to enjoy environmental art, even though it reminds me of when I first started to draw and absolutely everything seemed impossible.  I guess I like a good challenge.  My trees are still sloppy and composition still eludes me nine times out of ten, BUT, I enjoy it all.

I'm also starting to doodle out the first tentative design ideas for a project that I've been outlining since the year began.  I think of these graphic novel ideas all the time and inevitably scrap them, but I think this one's the lightbulb that works.  I hashed out the two main characters, but right now there are at least eleven.  So more soon!

Oh, and I've also started messing around with watercolors.  SO hard.





Listening to: Too Afraid to Love by The Black Keys
Reading: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin
Watching:  Strip Search on Penny Arcade
Looking at: Craig Mullins



No comments:

Post a Comment